Friday, June 15, 2012

Honeymoon Stage Cut Short

I realized how disgusting you really are
as I watched you walk away
trying to figure out who to take advantage of next 

I listen when you talk
Although I'll admit I hear just what I want to
We all do that, especially you
You just don't seem to hear anything important to me

If I'm going to be your mother
then you might as well be my father

I let you take advantage of my kindness
because I feel guilty for not liking you that much
HOW IRRATIONAL IS THAT
In fact
I don't think you really even like me that much
I'm just another resource to you


We both have something to offer each other
but I don't think it's quite enough
you can't pick and choose because someone inevitably wants more
that's the truth in both cases

I like how you understand parts of me
and try to unravel the rest
but you'll never get it
so in the end your kindness just hurts



No comments:

Post a Comment