Wednesday, December 16, 2009

televisiontastic

HI WORLD! Today I ate BK(burger king) oh my oh why! Also, I considered for a moment why our biotech world has become what it is. Modernity has caused our chaos. Fuck you industrial revolution. I mean, I wouldn't be able to post this fancy blog without the progression since the revolution, but I also wouldn't have to worry about global warming, out sourcing of jobs and a shitty economy, atomic bombs, and...television.

Television is America's main source of brainwashing. It's disgusting and addicting. I'm so glad I don't have a television in my apartment. Nevertheless, whenever I'm at my parent's house, the television is on all the time. I can't help but find myself in front of it, transfixed. It hurts. It makes me paint less. I don't even have the urge do anything productive. My mom and I were talking about why there are so many ads on television for erectile dysfunction. I think it's because all the people who need it are the ones who watch too much television. All their stimulation has washed away into the couch seat. As sexy as couch potatoes are, they aren't.

But.. speaking of, you know what is sexy? Grizzly Bear. So sexy. I guess this band is probably getting pretty popular post New Moon soundtrack, oh man. I'm listening to this band a lot these days. As well as Department Of Eagles, which is another project by Daniel Rossen from Grizzly Bear. Check out this video, which was directed by Marcel Dzama, a Canadian artist that I really appreciate. (But I have to say I'm more intrigued by Dzama's drawings, so look him up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAKjKC7Gho

Well, back to television. Like I said, brainwashing technique. The thing is, our entire life has been transformed into an outlet for advertisements. Clothing, benches, buses, grocery bags, etc.... I don't see why we need to accentuate that by choosing to watch the strongest source of said advertisements in all our free time. Even when my family is cooking dinner or playing scrabble we have the TV on in the background. The images are still going into our brains, therefore the ads are still subconsciously doing their jobs. With television in my life, I find myself eating more unhealthy foods and having weird cravings. These advertisers are definitely delving into some heavy psychologically altering techniques here.

Dear BK,

I DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING CHEESE BURGER AND LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Love, Sarah.

Oh, and also I don't care what you did, Tiger Woods. The same way I don't care what Bill Clinton did. As long as you are hitting balls or attempting to hold down the democratic fort, I'm chill. Do what you have to with your hoochies but stop telling me about it.

The moral of the story is, watch less television. Your brain will thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I have a television, but now that you need the box thing I don't use it for anything but movies. It is nice that way, but to be completely honest I have gotten into renting TV series, which I watch like movies, long movies, where I get really attached to the characters. I don't think that they are necissarily good for me, but at the same time after a long busy day it is nice to sit down and watch them. I have watched Six Feet Under and presently follow True Blood, CSI, Dexter, and am starting Mad Men. It sounds like a lot and that is because it is. Now that I think of it, it seems like too much and gross. (But I also have to consider, I watch most of these at work hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like 30 rock, arrested development, and freaks and geeks.

    ReplyDelete