Thursday, December 10, 2009

Well hi there, folks.

My name is Sarah Refvem. I'm 21 years old, I live in Oregon, and I'm a very odd girl with oh so much to learn! I am very passionate about certain things, for example the creation and appreciation of beautiful artwork. I also enjoy the silly things that happen in my daily life and I will thus share those things with you, my lovely and copious fan base. Ha.

Things I collect:

Rocks.
Shells.
Small toys that seem special.
Pretty paper.
Small pieces of something larger.
Porcelain figurines.
Plant matter.
Art supplies (or things that can abstractly be considered art supplies.)
Fabric.
Carved wooden or ceramic sculptures that speak of another time or place.
Oh so many more things.

Lots of people love these things.



Oh, on a side note I also love to play scrabble.


Anyway, I have coined a name for these things that I love. I call them "Tiny Treasures". In 2008 at the North/South Gallery in Oakland, California I organized a group show titled "Tiny Treasures". It was quite successful in my opinion. Here are a few images from the show:










Everything in this room has a significance.


















These treasures belong to Dana Rottler and Jessie Gayle.













This is an image from the opening! Live music played by participating artists Willie Fricke, Ron Feghali, and Alex Fatemi. Neato.



If you want to see more pictures from the show or my art, you can go to my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarski/

Appreciate and create. Oh, and just wait. Soon I'll tell about my Fancy Fruit project and blow all ya'lls mind.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment